Road & Fell championship rules – 7th February 2019
Agreed at committee meeting
- First and foremost to be eligible for the championship you must be a paid up member and England Athletics affiliated with Darwen Dashers Running Club.
- You must be registered at that particular race as running for ‘Darwen Dashers’.
- You can be first or second claim member providing you comply with point no’s 1 & 2 above and not wearing another clubs vest.
- Although it is not mandatory we encourage all Dashers to race wearing their club vests. (We understand that sometimes this is not always practical and the weather conditions may not permit).
- The highest scoring six races will score plus additional ten points for every race thereafter.
- The points allocation will be as follows: 1st – 150, 2nd – 145, 3rd - 140 and so on. This is the same for both the men’s and women’s championships.
- The points will be allocated against the official positioned results standing of that race (gun time and not chip time).
- The championship year runs from Christmas to Christmas, the prize giving will be at the Dashers annual Christmas Do.
- Any amendments to the above will be clearly communicated by the committee through the usual channels in sufficient time prior to taking effect.